Although there are several things that define what the body of Christ is supposed to be like, here are some of our core beliefs.
· We believe that God created mankind in his image and that our primary focus should be to love Him and love people (Genesis 1:26-27 and Matthew 22:37-39).
· We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who has come to offer salvation for all who follow Him (John 3:16-17 and Acts 4:12).
· We believe that the Holy Spirit guides us in our lives to live as God desires (John 16:13 and Romans 8:14).
· We believe that the Bible is God’s inspired word that still speaks to us today (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
· We believe that salvation comes by grace through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:4-10).
· We believe that God’s children enter into a covenant relationship with God by participating in Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection through the process of baptism (Romans 6:1-7).
· We believe that God’s people collectively form Christ’s body on earth, his church, who are meant to be expressions of his love and a light to the community (1 Corinthians 12:27, Colossians 1:18, Matthew 5:14)